Thursday, February 17, 2011

Local Is Good

Check out the blog for my bluegrass buds, Kenneth Berrier and Linda Wright, hosts of Local Grass Internet Radio. I'll be joining them at a point in the future. We'll keep you posted! Aren't we fortunate, Friends, that distance doesn't keep us from enjoying one another and music from all over?

Kenneth and I have known each other a long time, since the days he and his brother, Barry, formed the phenomenal group, Summer Wages. Check them out on Youtube and give a listen. What talent! What energy! By the way Kenneth, we need more of those bumper stickers that say, "What would Ernest Tubb do?" I could move a lot of those out here!

Linda is my new friend, another mountain girl with lots of talent and just cuter than a June bug on an organ grinder's monkey! She's smart, too, and lots of fun and I just can't wait for us all to visit.

Yesterday afternoon, I dropped some books by Kansas Guitar Exchange so if you're in the neighborhood of 8th and Gage stop in and tell Rick that Dixie sent you! Rick is a fine guitar player, in addition to being a very nice guy. In fact, just in case you missed it, my cousin, Deb Goodrich Bisel, wrote a fine article about Rick in the last issue of TK Magazine. Go buy and ask Rick for one of those, too. While you're there, ask him to autograph it.
While I was visiting with Rick and Doug Ruth, he reminded me that the Iwig Dairy Store had opened next door to him. I stopped in for milk, cream, and butter. This butter is soooo delicious, you could eat it like cheese!!!! Stop in and say Hey to those good folks and pick up some good, local, good-for-you, good-tasting stuff. They have ice cream and flavored milk, too. Tell them Dixie sent you!

Local is good! Whether it's right here or somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment