Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Meeting Fans



. . . is so much fun!

Lloyd Zimmer Books and Maps is a dangerous place for me or Deb. There is ALWAYS something among his voluminous treasures that I want. On Friday night, he was host to my first booksigning event for Dixie Lee Jackson's Guide to Cookin' and Kissin.'


Very, very top photo-- Chris Meinhardt learns to make crust and buttermilk pie; Very top photo -- a gentleman and a scholar, Lloyd Zimmer; Top photo: Melessa Moran and me -- I'll bet you could see us from outer space; Left, my new-found Cousin Judy. She's so purty I know we're related! Right, below -- signing a book for Doug Wallace while adoring fans, Lee and Alice Wright wait their turn.( There's also one happy bookseller in the background.)








Then on Sunday, the official launch party was held at the Topeka Shawnee County Public Library and it was a wonderful event as well. Special thanks to D. K. Clark who drove down from Lansing and Beth Meyers who came over from Lawrence. Chris Meinhardt and Preston Miller (who plays in a band with Woodrow) "volunteered" to help me out on stage. It was more fun than a batch of baby pigs! Les Glenn, from #1 ranked Oldies 99.3 came by. His car, a 1960 Pontiac Bonneville, is featured on the book cover and he's awful proud of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment